BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

running the island

Yesterday was a perfect morning to run the entire island of Wrightsville Beach...it was 74 degrees at 7:45am with cloudy skies that would send a few random drops of rain down just when I needed it. My total distance was 8.1 miles and my time was 1:30:27. There was a strong headwind as I ran the first half towards the north end of the beach, and for just a second I let it mess with my head. I felt great throughout the run - my breathing was controlled and my legs felt strong. My knees did feel tired on the homestretch and my lower back feels a little tight today, but not bad.


The plan was to beach it after my run, but the weather didn't cooperate. We spent the rest of the day rehydrating at Dockside and Lagerheads.

0 comments: